Zillah Municipal Code 17.06.010 specifies The purpose and sole responsibility of the Planning Commission is to make recommendations to the City Council on Class 3 land use actions and permits specified as Class 3, which include Comprehensive Plan amendments, development regulations, and annexations. (Ord. 1481 § 2, 2019). The Planning Commission exists and operates in accordance with Chapters 2.48 and 17.06 of the Zillah Municipal Code and in compliance with the Code of Ethics and Open Public Meetings Act:
- RCW 35.63.060: POWERS - The Commission may act as the research and fact-finding agency of the municipality. To that end, it may make such surveys, analyses, research, and reports as authorized or requested by the City Council or by the State with the approval of Council.
- Chapter 2.48 PLANNING COMMISSION - Per Zillah Municipal Code 2.48.020, the Planning Commission shall perform the duties specified in RCW 35.63.060. In addition, the Planning Commission shall have all powers and perform other duties as directed by the Mayor, City Council, or as addressed in Chapter 17.06 ZMC, or as amended.
- Chapter 17.06 - The Planning Commission is responsible for making recommendations to the City Council on Class 3 land use actions and permits specified as Class 3, which include Comprehensive Plan amendments, development regulations, and annexations.
- Chapter 42.30 RCW: OPEN PUBLIC MEETINGS ACT - Zillah Municipal Code 2.48.040 specifies the open meeting provisions of state law shall apply to Planning Commission meetings. Notification procedures shall follow the requirements of the Zillah Municipal Code, State Environmental Policy Act, Shoreline Management Act, and other laws and regulations, as applicable.
- Chapter 42.23 RCW: CODE OF ETHICS - Municipal Officers are prohibited from using their positions to secure special privileges or special exemptions for themselves or others and from entering into certain contracts or having other personal financial interests with their jurisdictions.
Regular Meetings. There shall be a regular meeting of the Planning Commission on each Tuesday following a regularly scheduled city council meeting. In the event that a regularly scheduled council meeting falls on a federal and/or state holiday observed by the city and said regular meeting is held on the following Tuesday, then the Planning Commission meeting will be held on Wednesday of that week. The Commission shall hold at least one regular meeting each month for at least nine months each year. Meetings shall begin at 6:00 p.m. unless otherwise noticed by the city. Meetings will only be held if there are agenda items for discussion. Please contact City Hall at 509-829-5151 to verify if there is a meeting that is going to be held.
PROJECT REVIEW PROCESS
Building Permit Online Portal
PLANNING COMMISSION CHAIRMAN
PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS
Building Permits are required for certain projects you do around the house or business. If you are doing construction of any kind, you should make an appointment with our Building Inspector, who will help you determine if you need a permit for your work.