Banquet Permit Liquor License

Banquet and Liquor Banquet Permit

I’m planning a special event and want to serve alcohol.  Am I required to have a permit?
Any time an event is held in a public place and alcohol is served and/or consumed, a banquet permit is required.

What is a banquet permit? 
A banquet permit is a permit you apply for that allows the service and consumption of liquor at a private, invitation-only banquet or gathering held in a public place or business.   Examples include weddings, company events, retirement parties, birthday parties, and club, organization, or church events.

Where do I get a permit?
For events held in Zillah, you must obtain both a Washington State Liquor Control Board banquet permit and a banquet permit issued by the Zillah Police Department.  The WA State permit must be purchased before the Zillah Police Department will issue their banquet permit.

To obtain the WA State permit, go to to purchase your permit online.  Permit costs can be found on the website.  To obtain your Zillah banquet permit, visit the Police Department Monday-Friday, between 8 am and 4 pm.  The cost is $15 and is payable by check or cash.  Payment must be in the exact amount. The Police Department does not have change!

Don’t forget to hire security!
If you determine you will be serving/consuming liquor at your event, you must also ensure that you will have a city-licensed, bonded security company providing security for your event.  The Police Department will not issue a banquet permit without proof of security.  Talk with your event center about security company options.

Event Checklist

**Be sure to bring your event center contract, security information, and Liquor Control Board permit to the Police Department when applying for Zillah’s banquet permit**