The City of Zillah will continue to provide essential services to citizens that include water, sewer, and garbage. Police and Fire services remain available. Effective immediately, City Hall, Police Department, Fire Department, Public Works Department building and offices will be closed to the public but staff will continue to report to work to perform their duties.
The City will continue to maintain our essential operations as follows:
Utility payments will be received as follows:
- Mail: PO Box 475, Zillah, WA 98953
- City of Zillah online and auto-pay or call City Hall for assistance at 509-829-5151.
- Dropbox located on the East side of the city hall building
- The drive-through window located on the East side of the city hall building during business hours (M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Special Events applications and Banquet permits will not be issued at this time. For more information, please call (509) 829-5151.
The Police Department will generally be operating as normal. Some minor changes will include:
- Public fingerprinting, notary service or new CDL licenses are suspended until further notice
- When responding to a residence, officers will request outside contact.
- Zillah Police Department will attempt to educate when possible in order to encourage compliance with any state or county public health orders.
- Dog License will still be processed
In the event of an emergency, please call 911. For general information and questions, please call 509-829-6100
In the event of an emergency, please call 911. For general information and questions, please call 509-829-3760
Water meter reading will continue, however, the crewmembers will minimize tasks that involve close contact with the public.
Development applications and building permit applications can be mailed to PO Box 475, Zillah, WA 98953. Applications will be reviewed in a timely manner. Payment information will be provided for you to send in a check or money order or you can pay at the drive-through window at city hall. Plans and applications can be left in the dropbox or taken to the drive-through window at city hall. Building inspections will continue, however, we will request to have limited face-to-face interactions. For more information or to schedule an inspection, please call 509-829-5151 and ask for Ardele Steele or Mike Farmer.
Parks & Recreation
The city Parks & Recreation Program has been suspended. No special events will be allowed in city parks or facilities during the duration of this emergency.