Vacating a Criminal Record
While there are no court costs associated with vacating a conviction, however a court appearance is mandatory. These hearings are scheduled on the Court's monthly calendar the second Wednesday of the month. Zillah Municipal Court cannot vacate a conviction from another court. For additional information about Vacating, Sealing or Expunging your record click here.
Process OverviewListed below is a brief overview of the process:
- Complete a “Motion for Order Vacating Conviction” form.
- Attach to the motion, your current Criminal History Information from both the Washington State Patrol and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, along with original fingerprint cards from both agencies; there will be monetary charges for these services by both agencies.
- If you were placed on probation as a result of the conviction you are seeking to vacate, you must also file a certification from District Court Probation Services (509-574-1860) and attach to your motion.
- Once you have obtained all the appropriate supporting documents and your motion is completed, you must file it with Zillah Municipal Court.
- You should bring at least two copies of all your documents.
- You will be given a hearing date and time, and you will complete your Notice of Hearing with that information.
- You must serve a copy of the Motion with supporting documents and the Notice of Hearing upon the Prosecuting Attorney for the City of Zillah at least 14 days before the scheduled hearing.
- You must appear at the scheduled court appearance.
- The judge will review your Motion and advise you of his/her decision.