CITY VISION STATEMENTThe following statement has been adopted by the Zillah City Council as an official expression of City Policy regarding the desired future for the community:
With our eyes toward the future, our ears on the past, and our feet in the present, our vision for the City of Zillah is to remain a small, rural, family-oriented town where everyone can enjoy a feeling of safety and community ownership.
This will be accomplished by:
- Providing strong fiscal leadership and management;
- Developing and maintaining the infrastructure and public services necessary to support a diverse economy and that will enhance our high quality of life;
- Strengthening the partnership between the City and the Zillah School District to expand educational and recreational activities in the community;
- Providing opportunities for constructive and positive activities for our youth;
- Maintaining a supportive and healthy environment for our senior citizens;
- Actively supporting winery and fruit-related tourism and business development opportunities; and
- Promoting effective communications within the community.
CITY MISSION STATEMENT
- Positive Budget: To provide a strong fiscal leadership/management. To support high-quality public services and infrastructure.
- Infrastructure: To develop and maintain an infrastructure that will support a diverse economy and high quality of life and promote sustainable growth.
- Diversified Economy: To promote and maintain a diversified economy that will enhance the greater community of Zillah.
- Quality Rural Lifestyle: To provide and maintain a quality rural lifestyle where everyone can have a feeling of safety, community, and community ownership.
- Quality Public Service: To promote and maintain the highest quality of public services.
- Good Partnership with Schools: To strengthen the partnership with the school district. To continue and expand the educational and recreational activities.
- Expanded Youth Activities: To provide opportunities for constructive and positive activities for our youth.
- Partner with Sr. Citizens: To provide and maintain a supportive and healthy environment for our senior citizens.
- Reduce the Crime Rate: To decrease crime through education and community involvement.
- Promote Tourism: To develop services to promote tourism.
- Enhance Communication: To promote effective communications with the community at large.
- Ordinance Review: To establish and streamline the policies for the protection of the community.
- Commerce: To promote economic development.