PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
Zillah City Council Electronic Meetings
Notice is hereby given that due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus and directives made by Governor Inslee through Proclamation No. 20-28 (and amended Proclamations), the Regular Study Session and City Council meetings held until further notice, will not be held in person but will be held electronically on ZOOM the following dates and times for April, May and June 2021:
April 5 - Study Session: 6:00 p.m. - Council Meeting: 6:30
April 19 - Study Session: 6:00 p.m. - Council Meeting: 6:30
May 3 -Study Session: 6:00 p.m. - Council Meeting: 6:30
May 17 -Study Session: 6:00 p.m. - Council Meeting: 6:30
June 7 - Study Session: 6:00 p.m. - Council Meeting: 6:30
June 21 - Study Session: 6:00 p.m. - Council Meeting: 6:30
If you are a member of the general public and are interested in listening to, or participating in the meetings on ZOOM, please call 509-829-5151 or 949-1266 and you will be sent a link for the meeting.
If you are a member of the public and would like to comment, you will be able to do so when the Mayor asks for Visitors Comments.
For further information, you can contact Sharon Bounds, City Administrator at 509-829-5151.
With our eyes toward the future, our ears on the past, and our feet in the present, our vision for the City of Zillah is to remain a small, rural, family-oriented town where everyone can enjoy a feeling of safety and community ownership.
This will be accomplished by:
- Providing strong fiscal leadership and management;
- Developing and maintaining the infrastructure and public services necessary to support a diverse economy and that will enhance our high quality of life;
- Strengthening the partnership between the City and the Zillah School District to expand educational and recreational activities in the community;
- Providing opportunities for constructive and positive activities for our youth;
- Maintaining a supportive and healthy environment for our senior citizens;
- Actively supporting winery and fruit-related tourism and business development opportunities; and
- Promoting effective communications within the community.
CITY MISSION STATEMENT
- Positive Budget: To provide a strong fiscal leadership/management. To support high-quality public services and infrastructure.
- Infrastructure: To develop and maintain an infrastructure that will support a diverse economy and high quality of life and promote sustainable growth.
- Diversified Economy: To promote and maintain a diversified economy that will enhance the greater community of Zillah.
- Quality Rural Lifestyle: To provide and maintain a quality rural lifestyle where everyone can have a feeling of safety, community, and community ownership.
- Quality Public Service: To promote and maintain the highest quality of public services.
- Good Partnership with Schools: To strengthen the partnership with the school district. To continue and expand the educational and recreational activities.
- Expanded Youth Activities: To provide opportunities for constructive and positive activities for our youth.
- Partner with Sr. Citizens: To provide and maintain a supportive and healthy environment for our senior citizens.
- Reduce the Crime Rate: To decrease crime through education and community involvement.
- Promote Tourism: To develop services to promote tourism.
- Enhance Communication: To promote effective communications with the community at large.
- Ordinance Review: To establish and streamline the policies for the protection of the community.
- Commerce: To promote economic development.